The Middle East Smart Government and Smart Cities Excellence Awards aims to encourage the public and private sector to develop a culture of excellence in Smart Service transactions and e-Knowledge and raise it to the highest global standards in all the e-government sectors to build effective communication and exchange experiences among various regions.
The Awards act as motivation to induce competitive spirit among organizations in improving the quality of e-Transformation and thus qualify themselves as strong contenders on a global platform and bring forth a revolution in IT and modern Smart Services. The Award program covers a number of ICT disciplines such as the use and effectiveness of smart Government ICT tools to improve the performance as well as excellence in the management of smart ICT based projects to compete with the challenges brought in by globalization and other radical changes.
The Middle East Smart Government and Smart Cities Excellence Awards recognize the path-breaking government leaders who have successfully brought in triumphant innovations in the application of smart ICT tools introduced by the organizations for providing premium services to its customers and its gradual shift towards smart Government in an era of e-Transfromation.
Radical revolution in information technology and a knowledge based economy defines the modern era. This era of development is characterized by the accelerating growth of various online services that generate and orient information and knowledge. The invaluable growth of Smart Government Service in this era enables to achieve tremendous global competitive advantage by benefiting the aspirations of the society and contributing to the development of international and global standards. The modern technology attempts to consolidate the administrative systems to simplify and provide better Smart services to the people at large.
The Middle East Excellence Award institute, by introducing the Smart Government and Smart Cities excellence awards, strives to contribute to the building of various government projects and electronic transactions so as to develop the national economic benefit. The award program covers a number of ICT disciplines such as the use and effectiveness of e-Government ICT tools to improve the performance as well as excellence in the management of ICT based projects to compete with the challenges brought in by globalization and other radical changes.
The Institute promotes the Middle East Smart Government and Smart Cities Excellence Award to exchange and develop the various strategies and methodologies in the Smart Government and Smart Service sector to build effective communication among the regions and to appreciate the outstanding performance and contribution of various government and regional institutions in this field. The award aims to:
- Promote, appreciate, and develop a culture of excellence in all the Smart Government sectors for the effective application of modern technologies
- Create a positive and competitive environment to enhance the Smart Government projects
- Highlight the regional expertise and modern ideas in the Smart Government sector
- To put the region on a pedestal in web site ranking by enforcing advanced e-government tools and strategies
- To establish a common legislative standard and e-policies among the states of the region
- Honor the excellent and outstanding performance of various government sectors in information and communication technology
- Encourage the adoption of Smart Services and the usage of electronic transaction portals
- Encourage all the government and business organizations to introduce and use e-services
- Raise the state apparatus efficiency by providing automated information systems to its citizens
- Provide accurate and up-to-date information to people in general including various decision makers, investors, and other dignitaries
- Provide a single source for all government information for the easy access of the public
- Facilitate easy and effective electronic payment systems
- Improve the effectiveness of government performances
The Awards categories are specifically formulated to honor the path-breaking leaders in various fields of government and business organizations for their outstanding contribution towards the development of regional competitiveness. Read more