The "Health Care Smart eServices Excellence Award", honors those health care organizations who have achieved excellence in innovative usage of ICT, use of pioneering technologies and tools in healthcare services to support superior outcomes across the broad spectrum of services and activities delivered by healthcare professionals. Healthcare contains a broad spectrum of services and activities delivered by a team of health personnel.
- The nominee should have demonstrated the breadth of the nominee’s leadership and commitment to effectively and efficiently integrate information and communication technologies, such as electronic health record systems, into educational materials.
- The nominee should have demonstrated an exceptional contribution in e-health through: curriculum development/renewal; creation of innovative educational programs; faculty development; development of enabling policies; and/or other mechanisms that would encourage the incorporation of e-health in medical education.
- The nominee should have demonstrated best practices in health care sector by using IT in promoting patient safety, use of mobile technology in healthcare, healthcare inter operability and usage of social media in healthcare.
- The nominee routinely contributes to the countrywide knowledge development of standards by publishing and/or advertising in journals and magazines, etc.
- The nominee should have delivered solutions which are first-of-kind, and support for defined regional standards, or otherwise demonstrated a capability to take commercial risks while delivering benefit to the Country’s healthcare system, patients, and/or staff.
- The nominee should have demonstrated leadership in eHealth deployment, innovation, policy development, advocacy or training at regional level towards the transformation of healthcare.
- The nominee should have demonstrated a good level of creativity in deploying appropriate technologies to develop the product, with a good mix of functions and features and focus on customer-centricity.
- The nominee should have demonstrated thoughtful consideration of the question and provide good, clear and consistent competence in responses.
- The nominee must have made an exceptional contribution, for a sustained engagement, or for a lifetime of exceptional leadership, which has had an impact across GCC region.
- The nominee must have showcased a tremendous value to community and society at large in e-health sector through accessibility and reach, social integration and impact on quality of human well being.