Radical revolution in information technology and a knowledge based economy defines the modern era. This era of development is characterized by the accelerating growth of various online services that generate and orient information and knowledge. The invaluable growth of e-government service in this era enables to achieve tremendous global competitive advantage by benefitting the aspirations of the society and contributing to the development of international and global standards. The modern technology attempts to consolidate the administrative systems to simplify and provide better e-services to the people at large.
The Middle East Excellence Award institute, by introducing the e-governance and e-services excellence awards, strives to contribute to the building of various government projects and electronic transactions so as to develop the national economic benefit. The award program covers a number of ICT disciplines such as the use and effectiveness of e-Government ICT tools to improve the performance as well as excellence in the management of ICT based projects to compete with the challenges brought in by globalization and other radical changes.
The institute promotes the ‘18th Middle East e-government and e-service excellence award’ to exchange and develop the various strategies and methodologies in the e-government and e-service sector to build effective communication among the regions and to appreciate the outstanding performance and contribution of various government and regional institutions in this field. The award aims to:
- Promote, appreciate, and develop a culture of excellence in all the e-government sectors for the effective application of modern technologies
- Create a positive and competitive environment to enhance the e-government projects
- Highlight the regional expertise and modern ideas in the e-government sector
- To put the region on a pedestal in web site ranking by enforcing advanced e-government tools and strategies
- To establish a common legislative standard and e-policies among the states of the region
- Honor the excellent and outstanding performance of various government sectors in information and communication technology
- Encourage the adoption of e-services and the usage of electronic transaction portals
- Encourage all the government and business organizations to introduce and use e-services
- Raise the state apparatus efficiency by providing automated information systems to its citizens
- Provide accurate and up-to-date information to people in general including various decision makers, investors, and other dignitaries
- Provide a single source for all government information for the easy access of the public
- Facilitate easy and effective electronic payment systems
- Improve the effectiveness of government performances