General Categories and Criteria for Nominations:
Please click the below categories to see the Criteria
eServices 2013 Excellence Award
The eServices 2013 Excellence Award recognizes an organization, from the Middle East region, that offers high standard and complete end to end electronic service continuously focusing on improving performance, developing innovative projects to improve online government service delivery, with a specific focus on citizens or businesses as clients of government.
- The nominee should have demonstrated sharing of government service with other systems/compatibility with various functional environments
- The nominee offers strategic importance to the national/ regional/ global development of the Information Society.
- The nominee should have demonstrated the use of ICT to improve internal efficiency, government effectiveness in terms of reducing costs and time.
- The nominee should have developed application and strategies that are not only innovative, but also demonstrate effective delivery of public services and improved accessibility to citizens
- The nominee fosters local talent and creating synergies between the private and public sector.
- The nominee demonstrates secure eService, i.e. electronic monetary transaction and eService back-end support, real time customer support
eHealth 2013 Excellence Award
The "e-Health 2013 Excellence Award", honors those health care organizations who have achieved excellence in innovative usage of ICT, use of pioneering technologies and tools in healthcare services to support superior outcomes across the broad spectrum of services and activities delivered by healthcare professionals. Healthcare contains a broad spectrum of services and activities delivered by a team of health personnel.
- The nominee should have demonstrated the breadth of the nominee’s leadership and commitment to effectively and efficiently integrate information and communication technologies, such as electronic health record systems, into educational materials.
- The nominee should have demonstrated an exceptional contribution in e-health through: curriculum development/renewal; creation of innovative educational programs; faculty development; development of enabling policies; and/or other mechanisms that would encourage the incorporation of e-health in medical education.
- The nominee should have demonstrated a good level of creativity in deploying appropriate technologies to develop the product, with a good mix of functions and features and focus on customer-centricity.
- The nominee should have demonstrated thoughtful consideration of the question and provide good, clear and consistent competence in responses.
- The nominee must have made an exceptional contribution, for a sustained engagement, or for a lifetime of exceptional leadership, which has had an impact across GCC region.
- The nominee must have showcased a tremendous value to community and society at large in e-health sector through accessibility and reach, social integration and impact on quality of human well being.
- The nominee should have demonstrated best practices in health care sector by using IT in promoting patient safety, use of mobile technology in healthcare, healthcare inter operability and usage of social media in healthcare.
- The nominee routinely contributes to the countrywide knowledge development of standards by publishing and/or advertising in journals and magazines, etc.
- The nominee should have delivered solutions which are first-of-kind, and support for defined regional standards, or otherwise demonstrated a capability to take commercial risks while delivering benefit to the Country’s healthcare system, patients, and/or staff.
- The nominee should have demonstrated leadership in eHealth deployment, innovation, policy development, advocacy or training at regional level towards the transformation of healthcare.
eSolutions Provider 2013 Excellence Awards
The “eSolutions Provider 2013 Excellence Award” will be presented to a government or business organization, from the Middle East, which has provided e-Solutions to help businesses become more profitable by providing technology based solutions that reduce costs, improve data gathering, and eliminate errors. It honors and recognizes the commitment to provide solutions and services along with state-of-the-art information technology that enables businesses to gain a competitive edge.
- The nominee should have enabled the automation of business and financial management functions and enhanced the strategic value of financial and operational information.
- The nominee should have generated technical power and creative ideas together in a unified team, providing a unique insight into today's leading ideas and best practices.
- The nominee should have helped communities connect through its e-Solutions.
- The nominee should have revolutionized the way the country’s and the region’s outlook at managing data, communications, communities and markets online.
- The nominee should have leveraged the cost and flexibility benefits of universal access to high capability applications from any internet access point.
- The nominee should have offered new advanced e-solutions and data services to customers as diverse as consumers, businesses and governments
- The nominee should have created a single unit, ideally positioned to maximize the efficiency of operations and exploit new opportunities that arise in the market.
- The nominee should have provided the highest standards of response to customers’ requirements by offering the latest and most innovative e-Solutions to make life easy.
- The nominee should have facilitated a complete portfolio of Internet offerings, value added services, Information Communication Technology consultancy and project management.
- The nominee has been a one-stop e-Solutions partner for online needs.
eInitiative 2013 Excellence Award
The "e-Initiative 2013 Excellence Award" recognizes an organization that has demonstrated successful implementation of e-Initiatives from the Middle East region. It focuses on the role played by the nominated project or venture in promoting eCulture and encouraging government, businesses, and citizens to utilize eServices and online processes for swift and transparent operations. It pays tribute to organizations involved in eGovernment, eBusiness, and eServices development that deliver excellence in formulating strategies, programs, projects, and necessary infrastructure.
- The nominee has demonstrated a clear understanding and knows how to identify, develop, and deploy innovative hardware and software infrastructure solutions which directly addresses the business needs of the organization and the ICT companies that work with them to deliver information and services to citizens and industry
- The nominee has demonstrated the use of ICT to improve internal efficiency, effectiveness and provide the necessary eManagement tools in assisting bureau and departments to achieve and deliver new and improved services by raising awareness of the individual rights and duties by providing access to all information online
- The nominee has adopted processes that enables collection of multiple data reduces service time, increases the level of transparency, saves finances and minimizes customer satisfaction
- The nominee has secured all means (hardware and software) to safeguard and has more control of the citizen’s personal information
- The nominee has focused on the implementation of appropriate eSystem and strives for its success in promoting public awareness, understanding of the basic law and deliver impact through direct access and commercialization.
- The nominee has played a role in the construction of new government ICT initiatives resulting to infrastructure growth such as telecommunications, internet penetration, and key ICT-related indicators.
- The nominee has promoted transparency of internal procedures; compete with government and eGovernment trends to promote online processes for routine and critical operations.
- The nominee has collaborated federal and state agencies to empirically validate and refine the solution technologies through repeated field trials of prototype technologies
- The nominee has exercised customization of the system to obtain client acceptance.
- The nominee has addressed educational programs to bridge digital divide & propagate e-literacy and distance learning programs.
- The nominee has implemented eReadiness assessment methodology for government organizations that harness improved communications and public relations.
- The nominee has supported fully functional customer service (available 24/7) and supports teams with the capacity to deliver both online and offline support
- The nominee has provided a secure online bill payment service to pay bills towards all governments services such as traffic fines, application fee etc.
- The nominee has moved towards development-oriented and people-centered service delivery culture and clearly demonstrate their achievements and vision for a knowledge-based society
- The nominee has considered people involvement in sharing their views on the latest undertakings of government by gathering feedback from users to be used to enhance services and upgrade products and devices.
- The nominee has generated enough revenues to cover costs and become self financing
- The nominee has employed best practices and case examples that will highlight how eGovernment principles have been applied to specific projects in the developing world.
- The nominee has created all the process of the tasks defined with collaboration of the employees.
- The nominee has merged multiple applications and flat forms for high end use, ensuring online availability of all forms and applications including the facilities for filling up of forms online.
- The nominee ICT initiatives has lead to country’s innovation, industrial, regional development and growth as well as the implementation of a continuous competitiveness improvement program to achieve and maintain world-class performance.
ePayment and eBanking 2013 Excellence Award
The "ePayment and eBanking 2013 Excellence Award" is presented to the organization, from the Middle East region, with an online payment solution that is a true asset to the business that deploys it. This award is given to an organization who has demonstrated improved productivity, security, ease of use, and acceptability among users.
- The nominee has developed and implemented innovative eBanking technology and solutions and ePayment gateway project thatprovide a mechanism to handle the online payment for goods and services and support the delivery of eServices of the public sector and assist the private sector’s moves into eBusiness and eCommerce.
- The nominee has implemented and eased use of new technologies for organizations and customers, thereby improving customer service and satisfaction.
- The nominee’s project should be innovative, available 24/7 and simplify the processing of payment transactions for eServices and eShopping.
- The nominee’s project should provide a very flexible system capable of supporting virtually any type of consumer or business payment with an easy and user-friendly web interface for payment methods with a selection of bank or financial institution that has a highly secured service
- The nominee has executed the use of latest technology to increase online transaction security.
- The nominee has promoted use of online banking to reduce service costs (e.g. free email alerts, free bill payments, etc.)
- The nominee has promoted safe eBanking practices and encourage EFT (Electronic Funds Transfer)
- The nominee has demonstrated an eBanking vision and strategy that makes it globally competitive
- The system should provide easy reimbursement in case of transaction failure; have an easy to view fee – and no hidden charges.
- It should provide a secure mechanism to handle online payments, provide efficient electronic transactions, simplify processing of payment transactions and have a debt recovery mechanism in place.
- It should offer a variance of web interfaces for various languages and allows search tools for customers, transaction and enable automated email confirmation to merchant and customer.
- It should provide payment processing status report and form data correction, multiple currencies supported like USD, EUR, GBP, AED, and etc.
- The nominee has developed strategies for attracting and servicing online customers, growth in the number of online customers, breadth of product offerings and website design and functionality
- The nominee has a proven track record of implementing the latest eBanking services, offering world-class eBanking products, services, and communicating business and management practices
- The nominee has initiated and implemented policies and plans to successfully prepare its employees for delivering eBanking services
- The nominee has been successful in promoting eBanking as the preferred option among customers
- The nominee has encouraged electronically controlled and thoroughly monitored e-banking environment, thereby discouraging many illegal and illegitimate practices associated with banking industry like money laundering, frauds and embezzlements.
eGovernment Applications Development 2013 Excellence Award
The award is presented to those institutions that have played an active role in creating and developing eServices and applications for the government and business organizations and latest technological systems that regulates and improves the performance of the organizations and its administrative process. The award aims to motivate and honor the best achievements and excellent initiatives in developing the eCompetitiveness of organizations and enabling an adoption of global standards in the application of innovative technological tools.
- The nominee should have established and developed eServices and applications to improve the deliverance and technological performance of the organization
- The application developed by the nominee should have facilitated ease in eServices dealership and smooth operational structure
- The nominee should have developed applications that have the potential to increase performance, improve quality, and provide exemplary customer care services
- The nominee should have been an objective visionary of the services that are of utmost importance and need of the economic sectors and citizens
- The nominee must have developed comprehensive services to the government and business organizations and citizens in general
- The nominee should have ensured and supported the security of financial and eTransactions
- The applications designed must have compatibility with various technological and operational systems’ environment
- The nominee must have provided accurate and up-to-date eGovernment services
- The nominee should have stimulated the effective use of eServices that can quickly connect, communicate, and gain the trust of the dealers
- The application or service should have aimed at raising awareness of IT through a stream of education to activate multiple parts of the society in qualitative training to rehabilitate and engage their participation in a technology and knowledge based economy and digital society
- The nominee should have designed and developed eApplications that can facilitate the exchange improved services and inter-institutional cooperation between the government and business bodies in providing quality services to the clients
- The application developed by the nominee should have brought it in a revolutionary and dynamic shift in the services offered and activities performed
Government Social Media and eCitizen 2013 Excellence Award
The “Government Social Media and eCitizen 2013 Excellence Award” recognizes an organization from the Middle East region that has demonstrated successful management of social media and high-quality electronic services to the citizens, encouraging their involvement in decision-making and thus sparking evolution towards innovative models of eCitizen.
- The nominee has developed a system and social media strategies that enables the citizen to conveniently obtain information about services provided by the state and the citizen's rights and obligations.
- The nominee has demonstrated skills in analyzing the techniques of optimization the consumption by the realization of the e-citizen initiatives
- The nominee has created a strict policy that provides a safe framework for online participation by all its users and also integrated electronic services that allows Citizen to lodge reports relating to civic matters
- The nominee has implemented social media tools to conduct mission-related transactions and has policies or procedures for implementing the rules and regulations
- The nominee has demonstrated active participation- collaboration in which citizens actively shape policy options, but where government retains the responsibility for final decisions
- The nominee has demonstrated commitment towards engagement using ICT that strengthens the development of partnerships between governments and citizens
- The nominee has facilitated knowledge-sharing and discussion amongst participants including community consultation
- The nominee has deployed methods that are accessible to complement traditional means of engagement that assists citizens to participate and build their capability for contributing to policy development
- The nominee has endorsed consistent standards for communication, demonstrated respect, build confidence and trust in online engagements
- The nominee has implemented flexible and innovative ICT-enabled mechanisms that cater citizens who are diversely located due to socio-economic circumstances
- The nominee has implemented policies for privacy protection, information security with appropriate identity authentication measures
- The nominee has integrated social media platforms into a comprehensive and traditional communications toolkit
- The nominee has utilized social networking tools as sources of information
- The nominee has engaged the employees and the public by connecting them to the organizations goal and strategic plan for future
ICT Enabled Transportation 2013 Excellence Award
The “ICT Enabled Transportation 2013 Excellence Award” will be presented to a government or business organization from the Middle East region that has encouraged adoption of electronic services, computing technologies, integrating services from different operators either directly or indirectly related to transportation, revolutionizing travel and modernization of public transport service. It honors and recognizes the commitment to provide solutions and services along with state-of-the-art information technology that enables much enhanced experience for passengers, greater use of public transport, reduced congestion, reduced carbon emissions and more responsive transport on demand.
- The nominee should have developed processes that keep pace with the best technological standards, that seek to offer improved customer services
- The nominee should have developed various strategies and creative projects, built unique IT governance models for the organization, implemented industry standard frameworks, several cost saving initiatives and various societal contributions.
- The nominee should have built the commitment to engagement using ICT to strengthen the development of partnerships between governments and citizens.
- The nominee should have integrated electronic services that allow citizens to plan a journey, track a vehicle, book appointments with road transport offices, to register their grievances and to know the status of their redressal and other information such as tax rates of vehicles, contact details, etc.
- The nominee should have demonstrated valuable safety norms to customers by engaging latest technologies and software applications.
- The nominee should have endorsed consistent standards for communication, demonstrated respect, build confidence and trust in online engagements
- The nominee should have adopted electronic services, computing technologies, and integrated services from different operators either directly or indirectly related to transportation.
- The nominee should have demonstrated initiatives on the environmental matter to curb manmade disasters and improvement over any existing technologies, methods and public acceptance.
eMunicipality 2013 Excellence Award
The eMunicipality 2013 Excellence Award recognizes a municipality from the Middle East region that has demonstrated successful implementation of fully functioning e-Municipality through a wide range of electronic services to businesses and citizens, optimization of business processes and increase of the efficiency and service provision to the public. It celebrates innovations and excellence and showcases best practices and projects which have had significant contribution to the e-municipality in the region.
- The nominee demonstrates new developed style of management through which raise the level of performance and administrative efficiency and improving the business climate to facilitate all the services and businesses provided by governmental institutions for citizens.
- The nominee utilizes leading e-technology as the key enabler for improving the delivery of government services electronically with high quality, and facilitates and expedites the work progress.
- The nominee provides real electronic environment for employees and citizens to be a strategic tool for the municipality in fulfilling the present and future demands.
- The nominee provides easy access to the required information anytime and anywhere.
- The nominee demonstrates cost savings through introduction of electronic exchange of information with related institutions and streamlining of business processes.
- The nominee should have demonstrated innovative use of information and communication technology that transform government making it more accessible, more effective, more efficient and accountable at the regional level.
One Stop - Shop eGovernment Services 2013 Excellence Award
The “One Stop - Shop eGovernment Services 2013 Excellence Award" recognizes an organization, from the Middle East region, that offers multiple online services as a "one stop shop" for customers. Vibrant, easy to use, informative, and transactional, the winning portal will serve as an example for other organizations to follow when setting up their portals.
- The nominee should have offered multiple online services as a "one stop shop" for customers and been operational for at least 12 months, achieving “all time - all online” features such as services/communication/exceptions/surveys/declarations, etc.
- The portal may belong to a private business offering its services or to an organization offering third-party business services, approaching and inspiring different cultures and providing products / services of enormous variety with effective product display and presenting a portfolio of offerings, describing each item fully.
- The portal has reduced the need for physical presence of the staff, single sign-on access and secure identity policies.
- It should have efficient auction modules, language specific alerts and responses and custom packages (group of items) as per customer category.
- The portal is tested and works in different scenarios, while providing a way to access, browsers etc. and exhibit the innovative use of portal technology, content, search, online transactions and ease of use and navigation while maintaining accuracy of the given information.
- The portal has offered secure payment options to its customers and should have a proven track record of encouraging online payment and total online services.
- The portal has facilitated interaction between business to business, businesses to consumer, consumer to consumer interaction, allowing customers to have their purchase history, providing discussion channels for same kind of customer categories along with existing customer loyalty programs.
- The portal has enabled a link of internal and external data processing systems more efficiently and flexibly, enable to work more closely with suppliers and partners and able to better satisfy the needs and expectations of their customers.
- The portal has good telecommunications infrastructure and establish good legal framework against fraudulent and unauthorized transactions.
- It should track new and emerging technologies along with best commercial practices, have traffic metrics, transaction metrics for site performance and be reliable and accurate in billing, keeping records and service timings.
- Shipping mechanism and fee, product delivery, return refund and exchange policies or additional service charges should be clearly defined for all regions and avoid any hidden charges.
- The portal has offered surveys to analyze market trends, creative marketing and advertising techniques, online advertising and banner exchange facilities to other businesses and customers.
- The portal should use multiple media such as wireless, mobile, and/or PDA to serve its customers and exhibit an exemplary use of graphic and interactive design services including: Graphic design, Interface design, Interaction design, Information design, corporate identity and branding.
- It should facilitate to connect suppliers, distributors and other partners in order to increase efficiencies.
- The portal should be easy to access, provides 24/7 support and offers efficient resolution of complaints or issues; maintaining timeframe and escalations for every ticket with a comprehensive automated response system and FAQs.
e-Tourism Service 2013 Excellence Award
The e-Tourism Service 2013 Excellence Award recognizes travel and for tourism industry from the Middle East region that has demonstrated the evolution and marketing power of the digital space, including social media and traditional consumer websites. This prestigious award recognizes engaging online travel stories and businesses that prove innovation, creativity and results in marketing Middle East travel experiences.
- The nominee demonstrates the competitiveness of the organization by taking advantage of intranets for reorganizing internal processes, extranets for developing transactions with trusted partners and the Internet for interacting with all its stakeholders and customers.
- The nominee should have developed strategies for developing IT infrastructure and communications, required in the system for interactive e-tourism.
- The nominees services includes all business functions (i.e., e-commerce, e-marketing, e-finance and e-accounting, eHRM, e-procurement, eR&D, e-production) as well as e-strategy, e-planning and e-management for all sectors of the tourism industry, including tourism, travel, transport, leisure, hospitality, principals, intermediaries and public sector organizations.
- The nominee should have demonstrated best use of social sites and best use of them in all the areas of e-business.
- The nominee demonstrates broader multidisciplinary domain knowledge as well as the use of technologies.
- The nominee should have developed application and strategies that are not only innovative, but also create value to consumers, solve a problem, and take into account consumer and travel trends.
- The nominee revolutionises all business processes, the entire value chain as well as the strategic relationships with all their stakeholders.
eCourt 2013 Excellence Award
The eCourt 2013 Excellence Award is presented to the Court from the Middle East region that has demonstrated effective use of information and communication technology in the judiciary system and in the courts and further aims to create a modern, innovative and effective courts system for Judicial System.
- The nominee should have demonstrated world-class judicial system, and continuously builds or upgrades the existing courts with new technologies that would incorporate many improvement initiatives to enhance the experience of court users.
- The nominee should have developed, delivered, installed and implemented automated decision making and decision support system.
- The nominee should have demonstrated citizen empowerment through access to information that is more friendly, convenient, anytime, anywhere citizen services.
- The nominee should have applied the policy of e-transformation to the customers with the highest level, consistent with the aspirations of excellence of corporate performance.
- The nominee should have opened new channels of communication with the customers and answer their questions about the proceedings.
- The nominee should have effectively demonstrated the use of eServices to improve internal efficiency, government effectiveness in terms of reducing costs and time.
- The nominee should have endorsed consistent standards for communication, demonstrated respect, build confidence and trust in online engagements.
eLearning 2013 Excellence Award
The eLearning 2013 Excellence Award recognizes outstanding achievements in the field of e-learning in the GCC region. It celebrates innovations and excellence and showcases best practices and projects which have had significant contribution to the e-learning industry in the region. It emphasizes on innovation and creative approaches of education using all types of technologies available to improve learning and make it more effective.
- The nominee should have demonstrated insight and innovation that has significantly increased the development and/or credibility of e-learning the region.
- The nominee should have demonstrated innovative use of technologies and learning design, and the application to an identified need.
- The nominee should have demonstrated how well the resource provides effective learner and/or business outcomes.
- The nominees product demonstrates a good level of creativity in deploying appropriate technologies to develop the product, with a good mix of functions and features and focus on customer-centricity.
- The nominees product demonstrates good capability to solve a specific problem in the country environment and there is no similar product in the GCC market.
- The nominee demonstrates thoughtful consideration of the question and provide good, clear and consistent competence in responses.
- The presentation communicates on the key merits of the product clearly, effectively, informatively and in an attractive manner.
- The nominees product is designed to provide scalability and expandability for changing technologies and approaches.
eChamber of Commerce 2013 Excellence Award
The eChamber of Commerce 2013 Excellence Award recognizes Chamber of Commerce that is moving towards successful adoption of e-services by using information and communication technology and contributing in improving competitiveness of the private sector and economic growth. It honors and recognizes the commitment towards e-transformation by improving access to its services, simplifying the channels of communication for its members and building a fully-integrated e-community.
- The nominee demonstrates implementation of modern technology in developing several e-services thereby making a quality move in terms of numerous services and activities.
- The nominee should have demonstrated significant role in supporting the initiatives of self-regulation of e-business
- The nominee should have demonstrated use of modern technologies in electronic services and caused a shift in the various services and activities
- The nominee should have achieved its strategic objectives committed to provide its members with the best services and improving the business environment by adopting e-initiatives.
- The nominee ensures highest levels of services supply to the Chamber’s members and visitors with high efficiency and use the advanced technology through the supervision of the Chamber Customer Services Center.
- The nominee facilitates the creation, storage, management flow of information and communication and cooperation between associate members
eMinistry 2013 Excellence Award
The “eMinistry 2013 Excellence Award" is presented to a Ministry from the Middle East region that has demonstrated outstanding achievements in enhancing the country’s competitiveness in the world in order to stimulate and sustain economic growth through the systematic application and innovative use of Information Communication Technology (ICT).
- The nominee demonstrates use of information technologies that revitalize business processes, improve decision making and gain a competitive advantage from the adoption of e-government.
- The nominee provides efficient and effective administrative support and technical trainings to the different departments of the Ministry
- The nominee should have demonstrated transformation of the existing government system that provides fully integrated services requiring broad organizational change, aligning its organizational set-up with the new capacities it has acquired as ‘digital state’.
- The nominee supports broad public sector reforms and good governance through the introduction of innovative and sustainable applications of ICT both within Ministries, as well as in their interaction with citizens and the private sector.
- The nominee should have used information and communication technology to minimize transaction costs and streamline their bureaucratic procedures, making their operations more efficient, freeing up resources that enable them to deliver services in a better-organized and economical manner.
- The nominee should have developed appropriate strategies and training programs for implementing e-government programs.
- The nominee should have facilitated documentation using e-services.
- The nominee provides world-class multi-channel services based on the wishes of customers through a coherent, efficient government taking advantage of an advanced digital infrastructure and highly qualified human resources within a smart framework of governance.
- The nominee demonstrates efficient government internal portals that increase the productivity of civil servants and citizen portals that empower citizens with world-class e-services and superior customer service.
- The nominee provides end-to-end solutions that automate internal processes, creates smarter internal communications, streamlines business, optimizes operations, and complies with regulations to achieve citizen satisfaction through increased governmental efficiency, productivity, and service delivery.
Smart Cities 2013 Excellence Award
The award will recognize a city that has innovatively adopted and adapted the latest technological findings and developments and integrated it into their lifestyle by providing excellence in eServices to build a sustainable and developing community whilst optimizing the available renewable and eco-friendly resources in improving the aspects of economy, technology, and security of the city. The award will honor the city that has extracted maximum benefits from cloud computing, cost reduction, and standardization of hardware and software services that potentially augments the eInfrastructure of the city and improves the IT and ICT competitiveness by adopting the global standards of technology.
- The architectural planning and design of the smart city must compliment with the latest urban planning and green and smart city standards
- The city must have developed smart city applications
- The city must have smart city dwellers transformed to latest usage of technology and internet
- The city must have developed its IT and ICT according to the standards of smart green cities
- The city must have successfully upgraded the smart cities competitiveness as per the residents/dwellers/consumers requirements
- The city must have authenticated and initiated flagship programs in cloud computing and its variant usages
- The city must have laid foundation for cost effective cost reduction in developing eBusiness and eCitizens
- The city should have played a vital role in the development of research in modern infrastructure
- The city should have made untiring contributions towards accelerating the sophisticated eServies and eTransactions in the city
- The city must have successfully equipped and empowered its residents and citizens with the latest range of technological services and business solutions
- The city must have taken active measures for the protection of its ICT infrastructure
eArchiving and eDocument Excellence Award
The “eArchiving and eDocument Excellence Award”, is presented to the organization from the Middle East region, that has demonstrated product, software, services or procedures such as electronic document management software, workflow and e-forms enables them to streamline information flow, reduce costs associated with managing paper documents and ultimately save money.
- The nominee demonstrates dramatic gains in efficiency and productivity by improving the way they organize and manage their business documents, information and processes.
- The nominee allows users to customize how vital electronic documents are stored and control how crucial digital information is collected, updated, and corrected.
- The nominees EDMS contains business critical documents and has its own disaster recovery plan that allows the documents to be restored in the event of significant disruption or disaster for the business
- The nominee integrates the filing of other electronic files as well as paper documents that enables to achieve one consistent and logical filing structure for all the documents.
- The nominee demonstrates reduced response times, a more professional response; a more accurate response with more controlled processes reduces the time spent on 'manually' ensuring customer satisfaction and allows staff to allocate resource to other core business activities.
Mobile Applications 2013 Excellence Award
Mobile Applications 2013 Excellence Award honors the best mobile application built to deliver content, news or other medium used as a utility on smart phones and tablets that impact how consumers interact with their devices to drive better efficiencies in technology, marketing or entertainment.
- The nominee combines technology expertise, innovative research techniques and new approaches together to offer our clients the best solution of the problem.
- The nominee demonstrates technology driven business process transformation initiatives they have mastered the processes, methodologies, approach, mind set and infrastructure to overcome the challenges of operating Mobile Application Development teams to deliver support to their clients
- The nominee extends functionality and information access to reach more customers regardless of time and place
- The nominee demonstrates extension of online services into mobile interfaces to promote business growth
- The nominee follows the trends and best practices within the mobile marketplace to create not only a cutting edge and high quality application but the marketing campaign necessary to its success
- The nominee develops highly interactive applications that are extremely user friendly and offer functional excellence
- The nominee develops new strategic initiatives that involves extending their services to their consumers with state of art mobile application
- The nominee continuously strives to be at the forefront of technology and is constantly testing new theories, forming new partnerships and bringing better service and products.
- The nominee develops best mobile application built to deliver content, entertainment, news or other media, on smart phones that impact how consumers interact with their handset to drive better efficiencies in technology, marketing or entertainment
Collapse all | Expand all