General Categories and Criteria for Nominations:
Please click the below categories to see the Criteria
Woman Leader in ICT Development Excellence Award
The "Woman Leader in ICT Development Excellence Award" acknowledges the achievements of a woman who has utilized her ICT knowledge as the key driver for fostering a culture of innovation and employed technology-driven measures to contribute to the success of an organization and the society. This Award acknowledges the steps taken by the nominee to develop a culture that promotes the successful use and implementation of ICT tools for innovative projects to maximize performance, promote business excellence, enhance productivity and improved quality of service delivery.
- The nominee should have portrayed efficient competency in developing innovations in the ICT sector that confirm with the global standards
- The nominee should have developed content based research and applications in the field of ICT to meet the needs and benefit of the region
- The nominee should have supported other women leaders devising strategies to establish a healthy and effective balance between work and other responsibilities
- The nominee should have linked the technological innovations with the community benefit by taking effective steps for reducing energy consumption, improve the healthcare facilities, improving security measures, reducing pollution, and promoting knowledge and education orientation
- The nominee should have contributed effectively towards eliminating the gap and make space for more employment opportunities for young women leaders in the ICT sector
- The nominee should have come up with various effective strategies and measures that enables the crucial evaluation of the progress of women leadership in the ICT sector
- The nominee should have devised efficient policies that has provided the young women leaders with equal and deserving opportunities in the field
- The nominee should have effectively contributed to the development of women competitiveness by improving their technological and ICT sector enhancement capabilities
- The nominee should have made use of her leadership excellence in the ICT sector for the empowerment of women in various fields like health, education……etc
Best Organization for Women Talents Development
The "Best Organization for Women Talents Development ", recognizes and awards Organizations that have provided valuable service by contributing to the empowerment of the modern woman in business. This can be measured by the recruitment, retention, training and advancement of women in all levels and sectors of the organization. The award recognizes efforts that have been made to engage women successfully and have encouraged and supported the development of women professionally.
- The nominee should have demonstrated leadership, excellence, creativity, and initiative in their business or profession.
- The nominee should have provided valuable service by contributing time and energy to improve the quality of life for women in business.
- The nominee should have actively assisted women in realizing their full leadership potential.
- The nominee should have higher female representation in the company, particularly at an executive level.
- The nominee should feature gender equity policies above and beyond what is required by law, as well as the length of time they have been implemented.
- The nominee should often hold special programmes focusing on female development.
- The nominee should have paved the way for women who follow; and encourage other women to develop their skills, abilities and career.
Woman Leader in Society Development Excellence Award
The “Woman Leader in Society Development Excellence Award” provides recognition to women who have successfully implemented innovative programs and projects that redefine the development of the society. The Award is presented to recognize her outstanding leadership ability to demonstrate pioneering approaches to society development initiatives.
- The nominee must have exhibited a specific society development program that transports strong impact by joining public/private participation involvement to leverage resources
- The nominee must have displayed holistic society development process that leads to positive, concrete changes in stabilizing local economies and increasing society control
- The nominee must have envisioned the society’s future while mobilizing its people to generate ideas and opportunities.
Women Leader in Knowledge Management Excellence Award
The “Women Leader in Knowledge Management Excellence Award” acknowledges the achievements of a woman who have made noteworthy achievements in organizational capability and outstanding performance through the application of knowledge-based projects or initiatives. The Award recognizes her valuable effort in proactively promoting global knowledge management practices and processes in the region.
- The nominee should have displayed extraordinary leadership skills in the field of knowledge management by promoting the opportunities that lead to continuous growth and development of the organization
- The nominee should have participated efficiently in developing the organization as a thriving place for the exchange and orientation of knowledge
- The nominee should have contributed actively to improve the institutional competitiveness whilst strengthening its relations with other institutions
- The nominee should have identified the reasons for knowledge gap in the region, and devised appropriate mechanisms to bridge the gap
- The nominee should have initiated and implemented various projects based on knowledge-management application
- The nominee should have devised effective performance indicators that can measure the conduct and growth of the organization
- The nominee
- The nominee should have utilized her leadership skills for tackling various risks and challenges in following the latest and modern innovations in knowledge and education system
- The nominee should have dealt with various education and knowledge based strategies and methodologies that are in the best interest of the organization
- The nominee should have supported a culture of dynamism, innovation, and creativity in the field of knowledge and education
- The nominee should have worked for the empowerment and development of the young women leaders in this field
- The nominee should have demonstrated effective and influential decision making skills
- The nominee should have kept track of the current, recent, and prominent regional and global developments in the field of knowledge management
- The nominee should have demonstrated significant problem-solving skills in developing the ICT competencies
- The nominee should have extended partnerships with other external organizations for the joint development of the region and the nation
Woman Leader in Education Service Excellence Award
The "Woman Leader in Education Service Excellence Award" acknowledges the fact that education is critically important in today’s knowledge-intensive economy. With the constant changes in technology and management practices, it is absolutely important to turn educational and training institutions into skill-building centers. This process starts from early schooling through vocational institutions or universities. The nominees for this award should have played a significant role in improving educational institutions, curricula, teaching methods, and school administrations in such a way that contributed to the overall development of education in the region.
- The nominee can be from an educational institution or an organization entrusted with developing or promoting educational opportunities.
- The nominee must have taken the lead in formulating innovative measures for education and training.
- The nominee must have been an inspiration to all those who aspire to work in the field of education.
- The nominee must have demonstrated extraordinary flair in leading society to respect learning and knowledge.
- The nominee should have played a major role in curriculum building for modern education.
- The nominee must have been able to identify the shortcomings in the educational system and take appropriate steps to rectify them with the available resources and policy restraints.
- The nominee must have contributed to the development of the younger generation's interpersonal skills, which enable them to cope with future challenges and deal with people from different cultures.
- The nominee must have actively participated in empowering women education in the region, whilst developing their cultural status
- The nominee should have supported the development of the educational system and implemented it according to the demands and requirements of the society
- The nominee should have worked upon encouraging the women to participate in various fields of education
Woman Leader in Technical Engineering & Architecture Excellence Award
The "Woman Leader in Technical Engineering & Architecture Excellence Award" identifies the contribution of a woman who has made her mark in specialties like heavy engineering, architecture, or construction – a special achievement considering the fact that those areas are dominated regionally and globally by men. The award highlights the courage and hard work that the she has exhibited on the path to this success, irrespective of the many obstacles – including cultural and social factors – that make the region's women reluctant to pursue careers in such fields
- The nominee should be employed in a technical industry such as heavy engineering, architecture, construction, etc.
- The nominee's track record should show a significant contribution to her organization and industry.
- The nominee should have managed tasks that were once considered male-only territory
- The nominee must have led her organization in the implementation of new and sophisticated technology.
- The nominee must be able to demonstrate her understanding of technical issues
Young Woman Leader Excellence Award
The "Young Woman Leader Excellence Award" honors the vision, flair, acumen, professionalism, and business ethics of a young woman who has established a business and led it to success. This award is a means to encourage to all young businesswomen in the Middle East in their mission to take the regional economy to new heights.
- The nominee's company must have a unique product, service or business strategy that gives her company a competitive edge in the marketplace.
- The nominee should have built an executive team and raised adequate finance for the project.
- The nominee must have contributed significantly to the development of the local economy by creating jobs and encouraging others in the community to do the same.
- The nominee's creativity, capacity to measure commercial viability, and adaptation of information technology will be considered.
Woman Leader in Sports Excellence Award
The "Woman Leader in Sports Excellence Award" recognizes the achievement of a female who has excelled in the field of sports or related activities. It will project her achievements and make her a role model, encouraging other women to take up professional sport or pursue sport as an active and healthy lifestyle option.
- The nominee must be directly involved in a sporting activity or in the management of sports, games, or related activities.
- The nominee may be involved in professional or amateur sports.
- The nominee must be an inspiration to all those who aspire to sporting and related activities.
- The nominee's profile should reflect initiative in encouraging more national women to participate in sports and games.
- The nominee should have actively promoted a healthy lifestyle.
Women Leader in Corporate Management Excellence Award
The "Women Leader in Corporate Management Excellence Award" honors the distinct achievements of a woman leader who has contributed to her organization’s growth by developing and implementing exceptional executive and employee development programs. The winner of this award knows that a dedicated, skilled, creative, productive, and effective management team is the cornerstone of any organization’s success and has made management development an integral part of her organizational development strategy.
- Nominee should be known as an effective leader who has established strategic direction and built professional management teams.
- Nominee should have implemented a successful executive / management development strategy which has been in effect for at least the past three years.
- The nominees’ organizations should have displayed noticeable improvement in terms of retaining and attracting executive talent as a result of the management development efforts, programs and strategies.
- Nominees should have taken strides to promote nationalization and aid local employment growth.
- The nominees’ organizations should have displayed noticeable improvement in terms of employee performance / productivity as a result of the management development efforts, programs and strategies.
- The nominee’s Management Development Programs and activities should be aligned to complement the organization’s overall business objectives.
- The Nominees Management Development Strategy should include several or all of the following:
- Special emphasis on developing and grooming national employees for management positions.
- Methods and processes to successfully identify, develop, and utilize the knowledge, skills, experiences and capabilities of their management team.
- Routine assessments to identify personnel requirements and advancement potential
- Employee Incentive Programs
- Variety of training options and learning opportunities (classroom-based, A/V, and web-enabled)
- Educational assistance programs
- Performance appraisals
- Mentor programs
Woman Leader in Banking and Finance Excellence Award
The "Woman Leader in Banking and Finance Excellence Award" is presented to a woman whose professional achievements and personal qualities have made her an icon within the Middle East banking and finance industry. Her career achievements and contributions should be clear evidence of how women’s roles have changed in the Middle East banking and finance industry. The Award endorses her efforts, contributions, struggles, and success stories, in order to promote the cause of bringing women to the forefront as contributors to the regional economy.
- The nominee's track record should prove her abilities, achievements, credentials and contributions to an organization and the banking and finance industry in general.
- The nominee's profile should reflect her initiative in promoting the role of national women in the banking and finance industry.
- The nominee should have played an active role in transforming the bank into a technology-driven, customer-centered, globally competitive organization.
Women Leader in Customer Service Excellence Award
The “Women Leader in Customer Service Excellence Award”, recognizes the achievements of a woman leader who have demonstrated outstanding achievement in a strategic customer service leadership role, and outstanding ability in managing organizations’ customer service operations. The award celebrates the best in customer service, customer retention and customer relationship management those who demonstrate that they are truly “customer-focused”.
- The nominee should have consistently demonstrated outstanding service and improved levels of customer satisfaction.
- The nominee should have consistently responded to customer requirements in a timely and courteous manner.
- The nominee should have created an effective collaboration between the organization and its customers.
- The nominee should have demonstrated strong commitment through initiatives / programs developed that focus on providing service excellence to customers/ citizens.
- The nominee should have demonstrated strong leadership, management skills, with emphasis on staff development, innovative, visionary and creative thinking.
- The nominee should have created an environment that facilitates the integration of new customer service technologies to improve service and productivity.
- The nominee should have developed massive awareness for all its services.
- The nominee must have a track record of listening and responding to its customers and partners needs and concerns.
- The nominee should offer high-quality information, programs, and services - including follow-up to ensure that customers have been treated fairly
Woman Leader in Business and Economic Development Excellence Award
The “Woman Leader in Business and Economic Development Excellence Award” acknowledges the achievements of a woman who have made noteworthy achievements in organizational capability and outstanding performance through the application of knowledge-based projects or initiatives. The Award recognizes her valuable effort in proactively promoting global knowledge management practices and processes while building strong economic policies in the region.
- The nominee should have demonstrated exemplary leadership skills in participating and supporting the national economy by improving the competitiveness of the business sector for the economic growth of the region
- The nominee should have contributed significantly towards developing various investment opportunities for the economic benefit of the region
- The nominee should have introduced and initiated various strategies and methodologies in the business sector that promotes the growth of the investment sector
- The nominee must have initiated effective partnerships with other regional and international businesswomen
- The nominee should have played a crucial role in initiating activities that contribute to the planning and development of future investment projects
- The nominee should have demonstrated outstanding leadership and management skills that has led the company towards success
- The nominee should have explored and established a firm administrative and economic position that was earlier restricted to men
- The nominee’s leadership skills should have contributed to the implementation, and achievements of economic goals and objectives
- The nominee’s leadership skills should have been instrumental in development of the economic legislation and implementation of the strategic plans
- The nominee’s leadership skills should have effectively benefited the industry as well as the region and its economy
- The nominee should have contributed effectively to the development of constructive economic policies
- The nominee should have portrayed effective leadership skills in managing risks and crisis, and facing the challenges of the dynamic economy by applying latest technological knowledge
Woman Leader in Politics Excellence Award
The "Woman Leader in Politics Excellence Award" honors the most distinguished woman achiever in the Middle East’s political arena. A nominee’s track record, commitment to social causes, and support for women's development issues will be considered while selecting the winner. The nominee should have carved out her role in national politics by her unwavering efforts to bring about change and by addressing civic and social issues.
- The nominee should be an active participant in the national politics, that works for the regional and community development and should have reflected exemplary leadership skills and participated effectively in decision making
- The nominee should be a pre-existing nominee of either a local or federal government institution
- The nominee should have demonstrated effective political leadership as an active member of any national political party
- The nominee should possess a prudent policy based on political awareness in initiating or introducing social or political ideas
- The nominee must have played a significant role in advocating the national and community issues that concerns the preservation of the nation’s identity and heritage
- The nominee must have contributed to the changing role of women in today's Middle East society
- The nominee should have effectively contributed to the improvement of regional competitiveness by representing her region as a political leader
- The nominee should have actively supported the political empowerment of the women in the region in order to improve their electoral positions
- The nominee should have actively contributed to the democratization and participation of women in the political arena
- The nominee should have actively participated in empowering women leadership and supporting the rehabilitation of women in the region
- The nominee should have contributed effectively towards developing women leadership and establishing a political balance in the community
Woman Personality of the Year 2014 Award
The "Woman Personality of the Year 2014 Award" pays tribute to the remarkable acumen of a woman – her overall excellence, achievements and innovative leadership. It recognizes the impact of her contribution to her organization, community, industry, and the economy and, in the process, highlights the important role that women leaders play in today’s organizations and how they inspire a new generation of women.
- The nominee must have extended voluntary contribution and services for regional, national, and global development
- The nominee should have initiated effective steps for combating social issues and must have promoted women empowerment
- The nominee should have achieved outstanding results in bringing a wave of positive change in the community and organization through her exemplary management and leadership skills
- The nominee should have successfully overcome the gender gap through her leadership excellence
- The nominee should have introduced a modern approach toward contemporary leadership and should have motivated other women to enter the professional domain
- The nominee should have worked on solidarity and humanitarian grounds to consolidate the base of cooperation and develop the fabric of the community
- The nominee should have set a role model for women leadership by identifying, selecting, and introducing the best practices that will suit and benefit the needs of the region
- The nominee should have worked and contributed effectively and immensely towards the social, economical, and intellectual development of the region
- The nominee should have encouraged and promoted the orientation and acquisition of knowledge and education , which plays a key role in the development of a region, through necessary social work
- The nominee should have shown interest and participated in programs and activities involving governmental strategies and agenda for developing the regional competitiveness
- The nominee should have undertaken projects concerning social and community services for benevolence and to achieve the objectives of preceding leaderships that determine an overall development
- The nominee should have promoted the culture of social responsibility and development and initiated effective partnerships and cooperation for a community based development
- The nominee should have extended valuable services for the betterment of the civil society by promoting the educational and cultural sector, whilst preserving the identity and heritage of the region
- The nominee should have promoted the concept of modern economy through exemplary leadership skills for the accomplishments of the goals of the global economy
- The nominee should have accomplished the organizational objectives whilst keeping pace with the current and dynamic global economy
- The nominee should have adopted effective strategies and leadership skills that are beneficial for the region
- The nominee should have an excellent vision for the adoption and use of ICT tools for improve community services
- The nominee should have reflected and promoted excellent team work in providing distinctive community services whilst keeping track with the international standards for the development of the region
Woman Leader in Oil and Petroleum Industry Excellence Award
Women Leader in Oil Industry Excellence Award recognize outstanding women that make significant technical and professional contributions to the petroleum engineering profession and to the worldwide oil and gas industry. This award identifies a women individual who has made a significant and long term contribution in the GCC Oil industry over a period of time.
- The nominee must have proved or clearly demonstrated long-term sustainable results.
- The nominee demonstrates commitment to women’s success in the oil and gas sector and has made significant contributions to the progress of women in oil and gas.
- Innovative and far-reaching social responsibility initiatives benefitting the community or environment.
- The nominee's track record should show a significant contribution to her organization and industry.
- The nominee should have managed tasks that were once considered male-only territory.
- The nominee must have led her organization in the implementation of new and sophisticated technology.
Woman Leader in Aviation Excellence Award
Woman Leader in Aviation Excellence Award honors outstanding women who have demonstrated determination, perseverance, leadership and courage throughout their aviation and aerospace careers. The awards’ mission is to recognize excellence and to inspire women to enter the aviation and aerospace industries in GCC. This award is designed to recognize heroism, service, and program achievements of Women (Pilots) in the Aviation industry.
- The nominee must be from Middle East region working in International Airways
- The nominee must be a woman pilot who has made a significant contribution and has been a role model in the area of flight operations as a pilot.
- The nominee must have exhibited personal commitment to lifelong learning in promoting and advancing aviation as well as giving back to the community through outreach;
- The nominee must have made a significant contribution to aviation/aerospace over an extended period of time.
- The nominee must have demonstrated service as a role model or mentor that shows dedication to the advancement of women in aerospace
- The nominee exemplifies high standards of excellence and dedication to aviation
- The nominee must have experienced a breakthrough year with her contribution to the industry’s growth, while raising the benchmark for regional and global excellence.
- The nominee demonstrates her interest in aviation, commitment to continued flying training and your future flying ambitions.
Women Leader in Medicine and Science Research Excellence Award
The "Women Leader in Medicine and Science Research Excellence Award", recognizes a woman leader who has demonstrated excellence and a high level of commitment to medicine, family, and the community and also has been actively engaged in the mentorship of clinical, research or teaching faculty. This award honors women researchers that contributed to scientific progress.
- The nominee could be from either the government or private sector.
- The nominee must be a woman professional in Medicine and Science of Middle East origin
- The nominee should have been based and working in the Middle East for at least the past 3 years
- The nominee should have improved the educational and professional environment for sustaining women in academic medicine; and/or
- The nominee should have enhanced the development of women faculty into positions of greater leadership
- The nominee must have inspired other women to be leaders through their own careers in academic medicine.
Women Representatives in International Position Excellence Award
The award recognizes and celebrates a woman leader who, through her exemplary skills and efforts, has imparted an honorable image to her native region and has contributed to the global competitiveness by building effective relationships and establishing international partnerships, and promoting various investment opportunities for the sustainable development and growth of the region. The award aims to encourage, develop, and support the global competitiveness of women leaders by promoting their professional performance in various areas, and highlighting their distinctive efforts and excellence achieved in developing various management systems and national and international organizations.
- The nominee should have represented her country whilst holding a top-level international position
- The nominee should have acclaimed outstanding achievements in regional and global advancement
- The nominee should have strengthened and highlighted the position of women in an international arena
- The nominee should have played a pivotal role in devising policies and implementing plans and programs for the regional benefit and progress
- The nominee should have contributed effectively in developing diplomatic relations and strengthening the international tie-ups
- The nominee should have played a pivotal role in decision making, establishing partnerships, and availing potential opportunities
- The nominee should have given a consistent and effective performance in achieving the objective of international development through the evaluation and implementation of state policies
- The nominee should have represented the region in strengthening various global partnerships and international tie-ups for regional benefit and development
- The nominee must have accomplished the objectives and principles of her respective organization whilst developing its framework for organizational success
- The nominee must have played a crucial role in developing the regional women qualities and competencies by providing them appropriate theoretical and practical knowledge
- The nominee should possess distinctive skills in identifying and managing various global strategic plans and amendments
- The nominee should have demonstrated exemplary leadership skills in overcoming the challenges faced by the public sector industry to acquire sustainable development in the contemporary world
- The nominee should reflect a long-term and far-reaching vision in implementing various sustainable business models that promote regional and global development
- The nominee should possess the ability and potential to achieve regional and organizational objectives whilst keeping pace with the current global practices and economy
- The nominee should have a futuristic vision in generating creative ideas for motivating and empowering women’s role in the region
Women Leaders in Hospitality Industry Excellence Award
“The women Leaders in hospitality industry excellence award”, recognizes a women leader from the Middle East region who has demonstrated outstanding leadership and innovation in the hospitality industry. The award honors extraordinary women leaders who have created, built or sustained contemporary, market-leading innovation in hospitality and travel enterprises.
- The nominee should have demonstrated innovative approaches to building memorable experiences for guests and quality relationships with employees and business partners that solidify the company as the world's premier luxury hospitality company for years to come.
- The nominee should have demonstrated her ability to create and implement a vision for her company, division, or team
- The nominee should have a track record of successfully motivating employees
- The nominee should demonstrated examples of pioneering efforts in innovation to business, industry, and technology
- The nominee should have proven track record of coaching and mentoring her staff
- The nominee should have mentored at least one other woman that has great impact on that woman’s career success
- The nominee should have demonstrated success at implementing or promoting technology, applied engineering successes, or evidence of success in technical management principles or processes
- The nominee should have demonstrated examples of service to the communities and the impact of her involvement.
- The nominee should have demonstrated outstanding performance, initiatives and achievements in the hospitality sector
Woman Leader in Media and Communications Excellence Award
The "Woman Leader in Media and Communications Excellence Award" is presented for the best contribution by a Middle East woman to the regional media industry. The media industry may include newspapers, television, radio, and internet news portals and her contribution may be in reporting, presenting, talk shows, documentary production and managing media organizations.
- The nominee must be a woman media and communications professional of Middle East origin
- The nominee may be working for a Middle East or a multinational media organization.
- The nominee's media organization may offer news that is general or specific to a sector of the industry, like ICT, Tourism, Banking, etc.
- The nominee will have contributed significantly to the field of media and communications with her objectivity and insight.
- The nominee will have raised several women-specific and community related issues via her work and provoked thought and action in this regard.
- The nominee must have a good command over the various media communication and broadcasting strategies
- The nominee must possess the capability of establishing partnerships with other organizations
- The nominee must be efficient in meeting with the demands and queries of the customers and in dealing with them efficiently and professionally
- The nominee’s contributions must have led to the significant growth and development in the productivity of the institution and performance of its staff.
- The nominee should have demonstrated emphatic leadership in initiating visions and strategies that strengthen the sector of media communications whilst benefiting and advancing the community and the region
- The nominee must have devised strategies that influence other young women leaders to establish their position in this sector and creatively build a better society
- The nominee should have been able to bridge the gap between the government and business organizations through her leadership skills in the communication field
- The nominee should have reflected success in targeting a wide range of audience by implementing efficient market strategies, targeting social events, and covering major events and conferences regionally and globally
- The nominee must have established effective tie-ups and partnerships with regional and international newspapers and other editorials to enable participation in various significant seminars and other events.
- The nominee must have worked in accordance to the policies and standards set by the organization in achieving a sustainable growth and development
Collapse all | Expand all