The “e-Commerce Smart Services Excellence Award
" recognizes a leader, from the Middle East region, that offers multiple online services for customers. Vibrant, easy to use, informative, and transactional, the winning portal will serve as an example for other organizations to follow when setting up their portals.
- The nominee should have offered multiple online services as a "one stop shop" for customers and been operational for at least 12 months, achieving “all time - all online” features such as services/communication/exceptions/surveys/declarations, etc.
- The portal may belong to a private business offering its services or to an organization offering third-party business services, approaching and inspiring different cultures and providing products / services of enormous variety with effective product display and presenting a portfolio of offerings, describing each item fully.
- The portal has reduced the need for physical presence of the staff, single sign-on access and secure identity policies. It should have efficient auction modules, language specific alerts and responses and custom packages (group of items) as per customer category.
- The portal is tested and works in different scenarios, while providing a way to access, browsers etc. and exhibit the innovative use of portal technology, content, search, online transactions and ease of use and navigation while maintaining accuracy of the given information.
- The portal has offered secure payment options to its customers and should have a proven track record of encouraging online payment and total online services.
- The portal has facilitated interaction between business to business, businesses to consumer, consumer to consumer interaction, allowing customers to have their purchase history, providing discussion channels for same kind of customer categories along with existing customer loyalty programs.
- The portal has enabled a link of internal and external data processing systems more efficiently and flexibly, enable to work more closely with suppliers and partners and able to better satisfy the needs and expectations of their customers.
- The portal has good telecommunications infrastructure and establish good legal framework against fraudulent and unauthorized transactions. It should track new and emerging technologies along with best commercial practices, have traffic metrics, transaction metrics for site performance and be reliable and accurate in billing, keeping records and service timings. Shipping mechanism and fee, product delivery, return refund and exchange policies or additional service charges should be clearly defined for all regions and avoid any hidden charges.
- The portal has offered surveys to analyze market trends, creative marketing and advertising techniques, online advertising and banner exchange facilities to other businesses and customers.
- The portal should use multiple media such as wireless, mobile, and/or PDA to serve its customers and exhibit an exemplary use of graphic and interactive design services including: Graphic design, Interface design, Interaction design, Information design, corporate identity and branding. It should facilitate to connect suppliers, distributors and other partners in order to increase efficiencies.
- The portal should be easy to access, provides 24/7 support and offers efficient resolution of complaints or issues; maintaining timeframe and escalations for every ticket with a comprehensive automated response system and FAQs.